Thousands of nonprofits use Wild Apricot's software to manage their memberships completely free. That’s because Wild Apricot is one of the few membership management providers who offer a completely free account to small organizations for as long as they need it.
Wild Apricot's free accounts are designed for small organizations of less than 50 members, or organizations that are just starting out.
Read on to find out how to open your free account, what you can do with it, and how to get help to grow your organization.
Here's How to Get Your Free Wild Apricot Account:
To get started, simply click the yellow free trial button located at the top of every page on the Wild Apricot website, or click here.
Once you’ve done this, you’ll be taken to a registration page where you can enter your account details. Once you click submit, you’ll activate a free 30-day trial of the paid version of Wild Apricot’s software. This means that you will have all the access to all the functionality that our paid clients receive for 30 days.
Your free account isn’t fully activated yet.
At the end of the 30 days, you’ll receive warning that your trial account will expire unless you upgrade. To activate your free account, simple let the trial expire. Wild Apricot will automatically turn your trial account into a limited free account that lasts as long as you need it to. All the information you entered during your trial period will be saved and accessible in your free account.
With a Wild Apricot free account you can:
1) Create and update your own membership website
- Pick from your choice of Wild Apricot’s professionally designed website themes
- Create a members-only access area requiring members to login
- Upload resources to your website
- Add social media feeds, a blog, or a forum
- Create a membership directory and more
2) Create and manage your own membership database
- Add and update member records
- Search and filter members
- Create groups of members and set up membership levels (free only)
3) Create free events with online registration
- Schedule as many free events you like
- Add an events calendar to your website
- Customize registration pages and forms
- Send automated confirmation and reminder emails
4) Easily communicate with your members
- Choose from any of our professionally designed email and newsletter templates
- Send as many emails and newsletters as you like
- Easily email different groups of members
- Customize your automated welcome email
Free Wild Apricot accounts do have limitations:
- Max number of administrators: 1
- Max contact database size (members and email contacts combined): 50
- Single file size limit: 100 MB
- Total file storage limit: 100 MB
- Online or recurring payments: No
- Custom domain name: No
- Banner ads appear on the top of every website page
- Free accounts left unattended for 90 days will be deleted
The Best Thing About Wild Apricot’s Free Account
A free Wild Apricot account is perfect for any small organization that wants to grow, because it frees up a lot of the administrative work when it comes to updating and managing your members, events, and communications, allowing you to focus on promoting your organization to bring in more members.
Another great thing about Wild Apricot is that we provide many free resources for organizations looking to grow. Here are a few that most nonprofits find very helpful:
Once your organization grows beyond 50 members, you can consider upgrading to a paid account to access the full capabilities of Wild Apricot’s powerful membership management software including:
- Allowing beyond 50 members and contacts
- Giving access to more administrators
- Accepting online payments and donations for memberships and events
- Automating recurring payments for member dues
- Using a custom domain name
- Increasing your file storage limit
- Removing the banner ads from the top of your website
View additional details of all Wild Apricot's plans here.
Free Help Getting Setup
If you need any help setting up your free account, Wild Apricot provides unlimited, free support. You can browse our online help wiki, email us, or get in touch with a live tech support agent.
Start Your Free Wild Apricot Membership Management Software Account Today
In just an afternoon you can have your whole membership website up and running and your member database imported so you can focus on growing your organization right away.
Click here to open your free Wild Apricot account now.