Wondering what nonprofits are doing throughout the year?
I had all these questions and more.
- When are they holding member meetings?
- When does their board get together?
- When are they looking for new volunteers?
As a marketer, knowing this information would allow me to talk about the same things as nonprofits, at the same time.
At Wild Apricot, we have access to over 17,000 nonprofit organizations, so I thought, “Why not just ask them?”
So I did, and got over 700 responses! While this revealed answers like, “In which month is your Fiscal Year End?”, I still thought there was more to discover.
Actions speak louder than words, right? So why not see what types of events our clients are creating? Some simple data digging uncovered that our clients had created over 1,000,000 events in the past 3 years!
After closing my gaping jaw, it didn’t take long to notice some very interesting trends, which I thought might also be super interesting to share.
Below is a calendar, which highlights my biggest discoveries:
- Spring is the busiest time of year for member events, with March being the busiest month overall
- Winter is the biggest time of year for board meetings and planning sessions, as well as donation collections
- Most hiring/recruiting happens in the spring, or back to school season
Want this chart in Google Sheets where you can edit it? Download it here.