Social Media for Non-Profits - Workshop slides

Dmitriy Buterin 07 April 2009 7 comments

Here are the slides from my Mesh workshop - Social Media for Non-profits.

Great opportunity? Colossal waste of time? The answer is YES.

Dmitriy Buterin [Chief Apricot] Dmitriy Buterin [Chief Apricot]

Posted by Dmitriy Buterin [Chief Apricot]

Published Tuesday, 07 April 2009 at 1:07 PM

Comments

• Mesh’09 - Social Media for non-profits workshop slides « Tania Samsonova’s Blog said:

Tuesday, 07 April 2009 at 6:43 PM
  • Alex Makarski said:

Wednesday, 08 April 2009 at 11:50 AM

A very well thought-out presentation. What I like is that, unlike many other articles on social media I have come across, it doesn't leave me wondering about what I should do next. You actually provide a very practical approach to the effective use of social media that doesn't suck up all the time from my day and yet produces results. Thank you.

• The Jenzabar Foundation said:

Friday, 10 April 2009 at 9:41 AM

Awesome Workshop!

Couldn't agree more that social media, especially in todays economy, is integral to a non-profits marketing arsenal. So much so, that The Jenzabar Foundation is offering a $3,000 grant to one U.S.-based non-profit organization based on a blogger’s demonstration on how they are either effectively utilizing, or propose to utilize, social media to raise awareness and/or funds for their cause.

We encourage everyone to apply and continue to ride the social media wave towards bettering their causes.

Best,

- The Jenzabar Foundation

Homepage:

Blog (Social Media Award):

• Deborah Zanke said:

Wednesday, 22 April 2009 at 8:15 AM

Great presentation. I agree with comments about this providing good "next steps." Many nonprofits feel overwhelmed and immobilized by social media. From the buzz out there, it sounds as though EVERYONE is doing amazing stuff using Web 2.0 tactics. The truth is that many corporate and nonprofit organizations are just starting to think about a social media presence. The key is to start with small steps and build from there. You don't have to do everything overnight. Evaluate each attempt. Do more of what's working and drop what isn't.

Great blog. I just discovered it and just added it to my feed reader.

Wednesday, 22 April 2009 at 6:10 PM

"From the buzz out there, it sounds as though EVERYONE is doing amazing stuff using Web 2.0 tactics. The truth is that many corporate and nonprofit organizations are just starting to think about a social media presence. The key is to start with small steps and build from there. You don't have to do everything overnight. "

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Deborah --  well said!

• Florencia P Prada said:

Saturday, 18 July 2009 at 4:03 PM

I just felt so validated by this presentation. I have been interviewing for new media positions with non profits and one of the first things I tell them is that first they need to get their house in order. Otherwise, their Facebook pages, Twitter accounts etc will just be a passive reflection of their sites. Thanks for posting through Slideshare. I am sharing it!

• Ben Komanapalli  said:

Monday, 22 March 2010 at 11:34 AM

This was very helpful! I will be using some of the info. in my talk next week! Great work!

Search: WildApricot.com

About results ( seconds) Sort by:
Sorry, an error occured when performing search.