Security, Privacy and Data Protection
Your Data is Safe and Secure
Wild Apricot service is using a hosting platform by CBeyond (formerly MaximumASP) in Louisville, Kentucky as its main data center. Established in 2000, CBeyond is a well-respected and secure provider of hosting for 'cloud' applications like Wild Apricot.
We use top-notch dedicated hardware, including:
- Dell enterprise-grade servers
- Brocade network equipment
- High availability Juniper firewalls
- F5 BIG-IP load balancing
In plain English, this means Wild Apricot software runs on fast, powerful computers with lots of protection from malicious hackers, and redundant systems.
The data center where Wild Apricot is hosted is audited to the SAS 70 industry standard, which verifies the use of state-of-the-art physical security and disaster protection. This includes:
Wild Apricot is hosted within CBeyond's fully managed infrastructure, which includes world-class:
- Network and Performance Management - to make sure Wild Apricot is always as fast and reliable as possible
- Data Backup and Security Management - to make sure your data never gets lost or stolen
- Monitoring and Reporting - to help us troubleshoot problems and ensure speedy performance
In addition to the services managed by CBeyond, here is an outline of Wild Apricot's own back-up and testing procedures:
- All Wild Apricot customer data is fully backed-up nightly to the Amazon S3 datastore
- We have 24/7 infrastructure monitoring of all our customer sites (meaning that if something fails, we immediately get notified by email and SMS)
- We regularly test our disaster recovery procedures to make sure we can recover data quickly in the event of a problem
- Symantec enterprise-strength anti-virus software runs on all our servers
- Our database reliability is ensured by SQL server failover clustering solution
- File-based storage relies on Dell Compellent Storage Center SAN disks
The Wild Apricot server which handles ecommerce transactions is scanned regularly by Trustwave, a recognized 3rd party tester to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). This report was generated by the PCI Approved Scanning vendor Trustwave, under certificate number 3702-01-05 within the guidelines of the PCI data security initiative.
For more details, please download Wild Apricot's current PCI Report Executive Summary.
Privacy and Data Access
Our business model is very simple - our revenue comes from paid accounts subscription plus a (very small) chunk from ads displayed on websites of free accounts. We do not sell or share any personal information about you or your members to any outside organization/partners/advertisers.
We do not hold your data hostage. You can download all your contacts/member data at any time in a Microsoft Excel-compatible format. (Same for other important records like event registrations, financial transactions etc.)
For instructions on how to download your data, see http://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Exporting+members+and+other+contacts.
Company Information and Reliability
Wild Apricot isn't going anywhere - and neither is your data!
Our company is headquartered in Toronto and has been around since 2001. Wild Apricot software was launched in 2006 (and is the only thing that we do these days).
We invest heavily into R&D to maintain the reliability of our software and constantly improve it - see our release history. 40% of our revenue is invested into R&D, and our development team consists of over 30 people.
As of spring 2013, Wild Apricot has more than 6,000 paid customers, as well as thousands more using the free versions of our system.
Wild Apricot Inc. has been Better Business Bureau Accredited since 2006. Please check out our current BBB Reliability Report.
Wild Apricot has passed a number of strict Microsoft platform tests. Testing was conducted independently by VeriTest, a testing service of Lionbridge Technologies. These tests ensure compliance with Microsoft platform requirements to ensure security and reliability.
For independent ratings and reviews of Wild Apricot, please check out: