Online Membership Directory Software
Instantly Publish a Membership Directory for Public or Private Access
Wild Apricot's online membership directory software let's you set up a member directory in less than 5 minutes - that's the benefit of having your membership database integrated with your website:
- Create a directory accessible to the general public - or a protected members-only directory accessible only to the authorized current members and staff.
- Present your member directory on your Wild Apricot website - or insert into any other website using our directory widget.
- Setup multiple directories if needed - and customize each one. Select which members to list (by membership levels) and what information to show. For example, one directory might briefly list all the records in your database, members and non-members. Another directory might list only premium members and display additional information - website addresses, pictures and logos etc. - for each of them.
- Provide powerful and convenient search options. With keyword search your directory users may quickly type any text (for example 'John Smith' or 'yahoo.com') and see all matching records. Advanced search allows them to precisely select and filter records by specifying one or more criteria, for example: 'ZIP equals 30301'
- Adheres to strict privacy laws. Define what information can be shown and which member levels to include. Let members login into their profile and hide specific fields from being displayed in the directory for their individual record - or opt out of being included in the directory altogether.
Member directory can be used as an incentive to join or upgrade membership. For example, you may:
- Restrict member directory listings to certain member levels - as an additional incentive to upgrade to that level. For example, you can exclude free or discounted associate members from the directory to encourage them to upgrade to a full membership.
- Provide certain member levels with extra exposure in the directory so that their listing will stand out in search results and attract more inquiries.
- Sort records to display your 'premium' members higher up in search results.
Setup Public or Private Member Directories:
With Wild Apricot you can set up either directories that are accessible to the general public, or private directories visible only to your current members.
- Public directories may be used in a variety of ways. For example, it can be a basic listing of your accredited members, showing just their names and websites. Or it can be a list of contacts for different chapters of your organization. Public directories are a valuable service your organization can provide to the general public - and it can benefit your members as a reputation source or even lead generation tool.
- Private directories are accessible only to logged in users. You may give your members a benefit of seeing much more detailed information on other members and use it to connect with each other.
Select Information to Show in Directory:
Set up as many different directory pages as you want - and customize each one. Display a simple list of names - or elaborate listings with pictures, mailing addresses, business descriptions and so on.
The customization options include:
- Specifying number of columns, which fields to show in each and in what order, column headings, sorting order, etc.
- Choosing which members to be included by specifying their membership levels.
- Including picture fields - for example, company logo, personal photo or a picture of a pet.
- Including website links (which will open linked websites in a new window)
Make is Easy to Find Records in Your Directory:
People will only use your member directory if it is easy to search through. Wild Apricot Membership directory is both powerful - and user friendly:
- Keyword search option is a very quick way to find someone you already know, by searching for their name or organization. Search by name, email, company, membership status, join date, etc. As you begin typing, our instant search feature automatically narrows down the membership database based on your selection.
- The advanced search helps to select a group of records by precise criteria, such as a ZIP code or industry - or by any other custom fields you defined in your Wild Apricot membership database.
Ensure Privacy and Security of Member Data:
Everyone is concerned about privacy so you should be extra-cautious about releasing personal information. Wild Apricot gives you - and your members - privacy controls and security foundation designed and tested by professionals.
- First of all, you - the administrator - define what information to show and member levels to include in the online directory.
- Second, members can choose to hide specific fields for their individual record.
- Finally, members can opt out of being included in the directory altogether.
Thus, one member might be comfortable sharing email and telephone, another will only show telephone and yet someone else will choose not to be listed at all!
Effortlessly Keep Your Online Directory Up-to-date:
- Your online directory page is automatically synchronized with your member database. Any changes you make to the database are instantly reflected in all the directories on your website.
- Members can securely login to your website - and make any necessary updates on their own, without the need to go through overloaded staff or volunteers. (And the system has been designed for ease of use by non-technical people so you will not have to spend hours holding their hands)
Add a Directory to Any Website:
- You can add member directory page to your Wild Apricot website in seconds - click on Add page, select appropriate page type. The directory will be automatically generated and populated according to the settings you have specified.
- You can also embed this directory into any other website using Wild Apricot widget functionality