Online Membership Database for Easy Member Administration
Effortlessly Maintain Up-to-Date Membership List and Contact Database
Generic database software - like Microsoft Excel and Access - simply wasn't designed to do what most associations, clubs and other groups use it for - storing their membership data and contact lists.
Wild Apricot has been specifically built to store member records and link them to your Website, event registration and e-mail communications to automate administrative tasks.
What Access and Excel Can't Do:
Desktop tools like Microsoft Excel, File Maker Pro and Microsoft Access are commonly used to keep track of member records. However, it is far from ideal for a typical club or association - which might not have a permanent office operate with only a few staff. Plus they need to share the database with board members, part-time staff and volunteers. Lists get emailed around and your member list multiplies and becomes full of duplicates and outdated records. Staff and volunteers have to invest hours to clean it up and maintain consistency.
Here's how Wild Apricot cloud-based software will make your life easier:
- Open a demo account and transfer you current members list from Excel in a couple of hours.
- Provide direct access to your board and volunteers.
- Link event registrations to contacts - automatically - to ensure correct pricing and track history of attendance.
- New and current members are automatically granted access to secure website functions like forum or member directory
- Once an online member application form is submitted and dues are paid, the record appears automatically in your member database and you receive an Email notification.
- Members can securely login to update their own contact information, register for events, renew and pay membership dues
- Current members have access to private website areas where you can provide materials and allow for forum and blog communication.
- Setup online member directory in five minutes.
- Automatically send event notices, confirmations and renewal reminders to your members.
- Reach out and contact your whole membership or any selected group via built-in email function.
- Ensure security of your data. Wild apricot's security is designed and maintained by a dedicated team of professionals 365 days a year. (How often do you have your PCs checked by security experts?)
Provide Secure Remote Access to Membership Database:
Your member list page provides an instant up-to-date overview of your membership database. Instantly see the number of members in each category, overdue renewals, recent sign-ups and more. Click on any number to drill-down and see detailed records behind it.
Member list is automatically updated as soon as new membership applications are submitted online, added or updated by other administrators.
Structure and Organize Your Membership Database as Needed:
- Designate membership levels to reflect your organization. Differentiate between free subscribers, basic members, premium members, sponsors - and any other membership tiers and categories. Designate annual renewal rates, automatic processing rules and event registration fees for each level. Control access to online member services and content by level.
- Use Group Memberships to setup records linked together and managed by one of the members - 'Group administrator'. This is useful for corporate memberships, sports teams, families - and any other groups
- Customize database to hold the data you need. Add unlimited custom fields - pet name, industry, birthday, whatever is pertinent to your organization -- specify which fields are optional vs. mandatory, rename or delete existing fields, define which fields are shown on the member application and on the member profile page (and keep some fields accessible only to administrators)
- Track records with automatically assigned unique Member ID. Add picture fields - photo, company logo, pet or anything else
Find Member Records Quickly:
Your member database can be securely accessed online by any authorized staff or volunteer.
Need to look up a member record quickly? Simply begin typing and our instant keyword search will automatically narrow down the list based on your inputs. The advanced search will help to filter a precise list - such as a ZIP code or industry - or by any other custom fields in your Wild Apricot membership database.
For every member record, you can view full payment transaction history, notes (accessible only to administrators), event registrations.
Import from Excel - and Export Back Anytime:
Import your current list easily into Wild Apricot using our import Wizard via Microsoft Excel.
You can also re-export your database at any moment with just one click - a full list or any selection of records. Use this to generate membership cards via mail merge, print badges - or simply as an extra backup of your records.
Make bulk updates right in the Excel file - and import it right back. The system is smart and ignores unchanged records - and appropriately applies your updates.
Payment report will provide you with an overview of membership-related income by each member level by month. You can drill down to view detailed records behind each number.
Payment transaction log provides you with full audit trail of all payments, including canceled and incomplete transactions. Export it in Excel format for reconciliation purposes or to import into your accounting system.
Manage Family, Team and Corporate Memberships:
Group memberships let you handle family or corporate memberships. Membership renewal and dues payment applies to the whole group. Group administrator (corporate secretary or a head of that household) can manage his own members.