Curious about Wild Apricot?
July is a very busy month for us at Wild Apricot. It's the first month of the second half of the year, which means we just came out from our mid-year review meetings and now are going through all the follow-ups and implementation steps based on our discussions and decisions.
Also, we have just celebrated 7 years since we have released the very first beta version of Wild Apricot, so I thought this would be a good time to review some interesting statistics related to how we've grown, and how organizations like yours are using Wild Apricot.
- We currently have just over 6,300 paid customers, which makes us the most popular membership management system according to software directory Capterra
- There are a total of just over 39,000 account administrators in these accounts, which means the average organization using Wild Apricot has 6 administrators
- In June, 1,189 organizations signed up for a Wild Apricot free trial
- According to our 3-month post-upgrade surveys, the number one source for new accounts is Personal Recommendation at 43.9%
- From the same survey, the number one way people use Wild Apricot is "Keeping member and contact records up-to-date"
Our organization and customer service
- We currently have 57 Apricots, with 8 dedicated to customer service (technical support, sales inquiries, billing administration)
- In June, we handled approximately 1,700 online and email support tickets, and received approximately 1,500 phone calls
- Also in June, our support ticket customer satisfaction rating was 5.3 out of 6 for timeliness and 5.1 out of 6 for satisfaction
- The system downtime in June was 0.1%, or 43 min, which includes planned downtime for maintenance and updates
- Since the beginning of 2013, Wild Apricot has processed 241,842 financial transactions
- Wild Apricot merchant and transaction fees: $0!
(We don't charge any transactions fees, you only incur fees charged by your merchant account provider or bank.)
- The most popular payment system is PayPal Standard with 62% of all transactions
- 8,160,254 emails were sent from Wild Apricot accounts in June
- Of these, 178,305, or about 2.2%, failed for such reasons as the destination mailbox being full
I hope you found this glimpse into Wild Apricot interesting. Feel free to comment if there are any other stats you would like to see.
Coming up next
Next month in August we will release our first API, a way for other software programs to access the contact records stored in Wild Apricot.
If you have some development experience, you could use Wild Apricot's API to:
- Create an Excel file with Visual basic code that can generate reports or charts based on your Wild Apricot records with a single button click. (We will even provide a sample Excel file)
- Add code to a desktop database like Access or FileMaker that would regularly check your Wild Apricot account for new or updated records and automatically download them.
- Automatically retrieve and store backup copies of your Wild Apricot contact database on a regular basis.
- Develop your own website plugin to display a specially formatted list of your contacts – if Wild Apricot's member directory widget is not customizable enough for your needs.