When we conducted our recent Membership Knowledge Hub survey, we found out that small membership organizations were looking for resources to help “attract members and keep them involved.” In response, we offered blog posts on the theme of “engagement” throughout November. But we also decided to capture the ideas from these posts, as well as other membership engagement tips we’d compiled, in an article. The result is a new resource in our Membership Knowledge Hub:
Tips for Building Membership Engagement.
This article starts by looking at what engagement really means and then offers tips, ideas and resources for leveraging key engagement touchpoints, including:
1. Engaging members through your website:
- Through fresh content;
- That is targeted to your audience;
- That can be easily updated;
- And can be easily found by members.
2. Enabling two-way communication and content promotion through online communities:
- Alerting members to fresh content;
- Enabling two-way communication (e.g., forums; online surveys, etc.)
3. Engaging members through social media:
- Showing and telling via Pinterest and Facebook;
- Using LinkedIn recommendations and Board Connect.
We hope this article might spark some ideas to help your organization develop member engagement strategies for the coming year.
Visit our Hub to read the entire Tips for Building Membership Engagement article.
Image source: Team support - courtesy of BigStockPhoto.com