Here's a great internship opportunity for an up-and-coming marketing professional in Toronto’s growing technology sector.
Wild Apricot is cloud-based membership software for small associations and nonprofits. Our marketing philosophy revolves around the idea of bringing customers to us by being approachable, rather than going for a traditional “hard sell.” We are focused on keeping our marketing messages simple and direct, being a key source of industry knowledge and best practices, as well as a great software company. We are dedicated to sharing knowledge through our blogs and through social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. And, as you might have guessed by our name, we definitely like to have a good time while working hard!
This summer internship is at our downtown Toronto office beginning in June, 3 days/week. Start and end dates are flexible. Upon a minimum of 8 weeks completion, an honorarium plus a letter of recommendation will be provided if the intern has fulfilled their duties to our satisfaction.
Possible duties may include:
- Analysis of marketing data, including web traffic, lead and sales information
- Assisting with web content publishing, including posting to customer facing websites and social networks
- Coordinating marketing activities with Wild Apricot staff and external agency partners
- Event planning
- Social media strategy, PR, and content creation
- Exploration of other projects in marketing based on the candidate's personal interests and our business goals
- Current student or recent graduate of a post-secondary Marketing or Business program
- Strong computer skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Office applications
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Volunteer experience or membership in a nonprofit, club, or association
- Experience with Google Analytics, html, or other cloud-based software
- Love of beer, rock music, or cats, or a whiz at ping-pong!
This is NOT a "how-to-use-the-photocopier" type of experience (in fact, we don't even have a photocopier!) This internship is a great opportunity to experience digital marketing in a friendly, cooperative environment. Due to our small team size, we require that our interns have an open mind and be willing to learn and perform a multitude of tasks.
If you're interested, please send your cover letter and resume to Lenna Titizian, Marketing Coordinator by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.