Have you ever wondered whether other organizations are finding Facebook effective? Idealware conducted a survey of the staff of 505 non-profits in February to find out if they are actually seeing results on Facebook. And now their report: Using Facebook to Meet Your Mission: Results of a Survey is available.
Is Facebook effective in attracting new constituents or inspiring people to action?
The Idealware report suggests that “Facebook is more likely to succeed in attracting constituents that require a lower level of commitment.” For example:
- over 70 percent reported positive results in attracting new event attendees
- 40 percent reported success converting Facebook fans into donors or volunteers
- 70 percent saw a significant increase in traffic to their websites
- 66 percent saw an increase in people taking some noticeable form of action, like signing a petition
- 29 percent saw an increase in donations
How effective is Facebook at raising awareness?
The report notes that over 80 percent of the organizations surveyed feel that Facebook is effective in:
- Increasing awareness of their organization (although respondents did not see a notable increase in new constituents)
- Reaching more people
- Providing information to their constituents
- Enhancing relationships with their constituents
For all of the details and interesting insight into whether Facebook is effective in:
- Reaching New Constituents
- Driving Traffic and Attractions
- Engaging Existing Constituents
- Increasing Awareness and Information
…you can download the Idealware survey report here.