About Wild Apricot Software
Wild Apricot web software helps small associations and non-profits to automate the day-to-day work of managing contact records, handling membership applications and renewals, collecting online donations, updating website pages, tracking event registrations and sending out receipts and reminders.
Wild Apricot starts at just $25 a month, with no long-term contracts, no setup or processing fees. Sign up for a free trial in 10 seconds and see for yourself!
Wild Apricot Development updates
We are running version 3.2 through the final testing stages and have scheduled the release date for Thursday, October 1st.
Version 3.2 will include:
Development of version 3.3 starts on October 5th, so we are in the final stages of finalizing what will go into it. Our sincere thanks to all clients who are contributing their comments and votes via our Roadmap and Wishlist forums, and also via our support team.
- Member photo albums. Members will now be able to create personal photo albums right in Wild Apricot — and control whether to share them with the public or with other members only.
- Email Tracking. You will be able to monitor how many emails have been opened and how man people clicked on each link in your email.
- Saved searches for contacts — so that you can easily and quickly rerun common searches.
- Upcoming events gadget. You can insert it on your homepage or other pages to display upcoming events from your database.
- Blog posts gadget — to display recent blog posts.
- Forum Gadget — to display recently updated forum topics.
- Context-sensitive help. When you click on "Help" in your Wild Apricot account, you will be taken directly to the appropriate help page.
- Macros to use custom fields in emails — custom contact fields, custom membership fields, custom event registration fields. For email blasts and for automatic emails.
- Contact details screen will now display contact and membership fields on the same screen for easy review and editing.
- Ability to edit and delete donation records, to correct mistakes or clean test data.
- Credit card entry screen will now be customizable, so that you can match it to cards you actually accept in your merchant account.
- New design theme — "Memo" — in 8 variations.
- Customization of "Authorization required" message.
- Ability to automatically update all existing records when changing default privacy settings (instead of going through bulk update via export/import).
Every time we are planning new versions, I feel a bit like a kid in a candy store — there are so many things we can chose from, to keep making our product better! — or maybe more like an adult, as I know that we currently have 12 developers and that we need to fit whatever we do into our regular development cycle (about 2 months). So there are many rounds of discussions with our development team, product management team, and support team, to ensure that we get the best balance of our priorities and react to the most important client requests.
Things might still change around, but here is how version 3.3 is shaping up:
- Registering multiple people for one event in one transaction. This has been on our list for a long time, and we got a lot of flak for this over the last 2 years! Finally we are moving ahead on this very important enhancement.
- Redesign of member directory, including:
- Ability to define which fields are included in "Advanced search" mode
- New "browsing interface" — so that the public and members can find what they need without resorting to complicated searches
- Editor functionality to format tables
- Undo/Redo function in webpage editor across all supported browsers
- Recurring payments via Authorize.Net
- Donation Goal Tracking gadget
- Showing list of registered attendees on public event page
- Next step on Social networking — implementing the concept of "Friends"
Our goal is to launch version 3.3 in early December, so that we'll have plenty of time to debug any possible problems before our team takes time off for Christmas and New Year's.
Wild Apricot’s Customization Forum
After a few rounds of interviews, we are down to two excellent candidates to expand our customer service/tech support team. So one more Apricot will be added to our team in October.
Later this month we'll be expanding our successful (and FREE) webinar series. October 8th is the date for the next offering of our "What Is Wild Apricot?" introductory webinar, and stay tuned for news of a new series focused on nonprofit and association issues. Visit /webinars for details.