from Network for Good
This is a free e-Book written by Katya Andresen, COO of Network for Good and blogger at nonprofitmarketingblog.com. This e-book offers a good overall introduction to fundraising event planning for organizations just getting started or individuals new to this type of event planning.
Please note that this eBook was designed to market Network For Good’s online event management program (and other products), but once you get past the first few pages of marketing material, it offers excellent how-to information.
The e-book’s chapters include:
- The Vision Thing - Set a Goal that Makes Sense
- The Main Event - Choose the Right Type of Event
- Taking Care of Business - Secure Corporate Sponsors
- That’s the Ticket - Design a Dynamic Experience for Your Supporters
- What’s Next - Assess What Worked (and Didn’t), Plan for Next Time and Keep Up Your Relationships
It also offers insight from other experts, such as Jeff Shuck, whose “Four Tips to Turn Your Awareness Event into a Fundraising Event” is included in Chapter 1 and “Three Easy Ways to Bring Your Mission to Life at Your Event” by Terry Axelrod of Benevon.
If you look past the product promos, there are some important take-aways - such as how to create a compelling event invitation and how to engage your event audience with a call to action. We think you’ll find some good food for thought on fundraising event planning in this e-book.