2014 Small Membership Survey – Slide Presentation
Since so much of the available benchmarking research focuses on large associations and non-profits, we wanted to identify the qualities and experiences that set small membership organizations apart from their larger counterparts.
We conducted an online own survey to find out who manages these organizations day-to-day; how they are funded; their key priorities and challenges and much more. We wanted to know if size matters in reaching their goals.
Here is an overview of highlights from the 2nd annual Small Membership Survey offering insight about small, often volunteer-led organizations.
This slide presentation includes:
- Survey participant snapshot
- What does a typical “small” membership organization look like?
- Top priorities in 2014
- Membership size and reach
- Membership growth and retention
- Who manages small membership organizations day to day?
- Reasons members join and programs & services offered
- Budgets and funding sources
- Small membership communications
- Current challenges
You can view the 2014 Small Membership Survey slide presentation here: